Blow the whistle against corruption
click whistleblowing (TheHotLine) to send an email.
SIU Hotline: 0800 037 774
The SIU will protect all whistle-blowers
Department or State institution:
Type of Report:
Date Report Submitted:
1. The procurement of or contracting for goods, works or services by or on behalf of the Department and payments made in respect thereof in a manner that was a) not fair, competitive, transparent, equitable or cost-effective; b) contrary to applicable i) legislation; ii) manuals, guidelines, practice notes, circulars or instructions issued by the National Treasury or the relevant Provincial Treasury; or iii) manuals, policies, procedures, prescripts, instructions or practices of or applicable to the Department; c) conducted by or facilitated through the improper or unlawful conduct of i) officials or employees of the Department; or ii) contractors, suppliers or service providers of the Department or any other person or entity, to corruptly or unduly benefit themselves or any other person or entity; or d) fraudulent, and related unauthorised, irregular or fruitless and wasteful expenditure incurred by the Department or the State in relation to the following tenders: aa) Scholar Transport tender number PWRT 029/10; bb) Grass cutting tender number PWRT 02/11; cc) Road D52 and Road D53 tender number NWRT 58/08A; dd) Road D542 tender number NWRT 59/08C; ee) Road D1169 tender number NWRT 61/08A; ff) Road D614 tender number NWRT 58/08B; gg) Road D313 tender number PWRT 119/12; hh) Road D3492 tender number PWRT 123/12; ii) Road D327 tender number PWRT 120/12; jj) Road D413 tender number PWRT 52/13; kk) Road P34/2 tender number PWRT 71/11B; ll) Tender number PWRT 139/12 (A-D); mm) Tender number NTI/RFT 06/2016; or nn) Tender number PWRT 045/09.
2. Non-performance or mal-performance by the contractors, suppliers and service providers that were appointed in terms of the tenders set out in paragraph 1, above, to render goods, works or services to the Department.
3. Maladministration in the affairs of the Department in relation to payments that were made by the Department to beneficiaries of the Expanded Public Works Programme.
4. Any unlawful or improper conduct by officials or employees of the Department, the applicable contractors, suppliers or service providers or any of the above person or entity, in relation to the allegations set out in paragraphs 1 to 3 above.
5. The failure of officials or employees of the Department to declare their interests in companies or close corporations.